Shopping for a lift chair can be a daunting task. What size should you get? What kind? Which fabric? What does 2 position, 3 position or even infinite position lift chair really mean? Here at Regal Mobility we want to take the guessing out of your purchase and educate on how to buy the lift chair that will best fit your needs. Lift chairs are suggested for those that due to declining mobility, have difficulty bending and sitting on to chairs as well as standing from a seated position.
Lift Chairs are categorized by the degree of recline they can reach, recline mechanism, and position
There are 4 types of lift chairs: 2 position, 3 position, Infinite position, and Zero Gravity
Every lift chair, regardless of how many positions there are, will lower a person from a standing position to sitting and allow for assistance standing from a seated position.
- A 2-position lift chair provides lift, sitting, and a minimal recline position. While in a reclining position the occupant will be in a 90-degree angle while the chair’s foot rest is extended. With a Position lift chair, you are provided a sitting position and if you are so incline you can recline a bit to watch your favorite tv program.
- 3-position lift chairs, like the 2-position lift chair, provide a lift, sitting, and recline position. What sets them apart it that the 3-position lift chair provides an additional recline of 135 degrees. This is referred to by some as the napping position. The 3-position lift chair also has the added ability to stop at any degree of incline between sitting and napping. Sitting comfortably, reading, and napping can be done with this chair.
- An Infinite lift chair can recline into a fully flat position. The back and the foot rest move independently and can recline to the point that they are parallel to the floor. Some 3-position lift chairs provide the Trendelenburg position. This position is named after 19th century German surgeon that invented it. It involves placing the occupant in a supine position and elevating their feet. The position is said to promote better blood flow.
- The zero gravity lift chair provides all the positions afforded by the Other lift chairs (lift, sitting, recline) as well as providing relief for joints and muscles. The zero-gravity position allows the spine, hip and knee joints to be balanced midpoint of the muscles. The additional recline capability allows the seat to be placed in a position that allows for the hips to pivot in a natural relaxed state, providing alleviation of tension in the spine and muscles surrounding it.
- Maxicomfort CloudMaxicomfort Cloud is Golden's PR510MLA most comfortable chair featuring an oversized, overstuffed back for the...
- Biscuit back design.
- Patented MaxiComfort Ultimate Recline Technology.
- Recommended for people 5’7” to 6’2”.
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth Biscuit 24" No 21.5"
- Signature Series CambridgeSignature Series Cambridge is new and improved!! We've re-designed the backrest to give it a more supportive...
- “Full Napper” Position.
- Weight Capacity 375 lbs.
- Simple Two Button Control.
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth Biscuit 19" Yes 22"
- Signature Series CambridgeSignature Series Cambridge is new and improved!! We've re-designed the backrest to give it a more supportive design,...
- “Full Napper” Position
- Simple Two Button Control.
- SmartTek™ Inside – Patent Pending Diagnostic System
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth Biscuit 18" Yes 19"
- Maxicomfort Cloud with TwilightMaxiComfort Cloud with Twilight positioning using our patent pending 3-motor cradle technology offers an array of...
- TRUE zero gravity sensation.
- Patent pending 3-motor cradle technology.
- Autodrive with programmable memory settings.
- Maxicomfort Pub BackMaxicomfort Pub Back is a traditional style two pillow waterfall back recliner featuring decorative brass nail head...
- 375 lb. weight capacity
- Whisper-quiet dual motors for independent backrest and seat operation
- Anti-skid, adjustable leg levelers for enhanced stability
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth 2 Pillow 25" No 18"
- Maxicomfort CloudMaxicomfort Cloud is introducing hybrid sizing to lift chairs. With the new sizes for the popular Golden Cloud! The new...
- Overstuffed, biscuit back design.
- AutoDrive hand control.
- Wide armrests for enhanced arm support when sitting or reclining.
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth Biscuit 23" No 19.5"
- Maxicomfort RelaxerMaxiComfort PR756MC Ultimate Recline Technology for correct spinal alignment, back pressure relief,...
- Luxurious four-pillow waterfall backrest
- Plush, rounded armrests
- AutoDrive hand control
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth 4 Pillow 24" No 21"
- Maxicomfort RelaxerMaxicomfort relaxer PR756L is perfectly equipped to provide the maximum amount of comfort. With four pillows in...
- Zero gravity technology
- Full chaise pad for lower body and leg support
- Weight Capacity: 375 lb
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth 4 Pillow 25" No 22"
- Maxicomfort CirrusMaxicomfort Cirrus PR508M lift chair features Golden’s pocketed coil spring seat that our dealers have called the...
- Enhanced lumbar support.
- Patented MaxiComfort®.
- Whisper-quiet dual motors for independent backrest and seat operation.
Back Type Distance Required from Wall Reclined Removable Back Option Available Seat Depth Biscuit 24" No 20.5"